Friday, September 10, 2010

Hayehudim - A Place in Your World



A few days ago it was Rosh HaShana and along with shopping for gifts, getting ready for the big family dinner, and running all sorts of errands because shops will be closed till Saturday night the afternoon of Erev Rosh haShana is also when the radio stations release the end of the year charts. Personally I could write some sort of summary of the year in Israeli music but I'm too lazy to do that especially after two family dinners in a row and it's only Friday. So I chose to write about Galgalatz's #2 song of the year (#1 is Avraham Tal's Orot which is a pretty good song, but I wrote about him before). Actually if I had started writing my blog earlier I would have written about this song. It's a cover of Meir Banai and personally I think that it's one of the best covers I've heard. HaYehudim-or the Jews have been around forever (okay, about 15 years) and are showing no signs of going anywhere they still have a very loyal fan base that follows their gigs all over Israel along with new teen fans looking for good Israeli rock music. Happy sweet new year-I hope it'll be just as good as the last one and even better!

All the night we were under a spell
All the night we revealed secrets of the body

Give me a hand give me a place
Give me a hand give me a place
A place in your world
Give me a hand give me a place
Give me a hand give me a place
A place in your world

The demons of the night are going out to dance
They’re touching me and touching you touching more and more

Give me a hand give me a place…

This is me playing for you playing you a tune
This is me taking you on a walk

http://www.myspace.com/thejewsofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment