Saturday, January 19, 2013

Max Pink-Elections Song



Elections are just around the corner and I still haven't decided who to vote for yet. I'm one of those undecided "floating" voters whom pollsters are probably pretty frustated with. My main debate is between my heart and my head. My heart is telling me to vote for "Ale Yarok-The Liberal List"a small party whose beliefs completely match mine but might not make it to the threshold meaning that my vote will go to Bibi (ugh) and even if it does recieve a seat or two I'm not sure what a difference it will make in the government. I want to believe that I can really make a difference by voting for a group I believe in but will it really be a significant difference? My head is telling me to vote for one of the more mainstream central parties that will neutralize the government making it more representative of the country and less of small but influental minority groups whose ideals clash with mine. The thing is that I have a personal problem with the people in these parties-I don't trust (nor appreciate) Lapid and I'm dissapointed with Tzipi for not choosing her battles and being way too stubborn which made the government into what it is today. The fact that they weren't able to unite just shows how egoistic they both are. But behind both of them are some very good people whom I (want to) trust will make a positive influence and weaken the extremists' power. Then again, I could always go with Meretz who have proved how influental they can be from the opposition with only three seats. I don't agree with all of their beliefs but they will give a much needed contra balancing things out. No matter how great my indecision is I'll still cast my vote at the ballot on Jan. 22 because no party is perfect and the alternative would be to passively vote for a party I completely disagree with. There's been a big campaign to encourage voting saying that whoever chooses not to vote loses his right to complain (a favorite Israeli pastime) which makes a lot of sense. Still, I can't ignore the voice in my head saying that just because I'll help out a party I agree with, it means that my interest is at the top of their list of priorities because it just doesn't work that way in politics. So I'll do my civillian duty and vote but it's hard to believe that things are going to change dramatically. This is a great song that really expresses this feeling which I think is less out of despair and more about thinking realistically. Also, Max Pink is a great singer whose voice really deserves to be heard. This is his first single from his upcoming debut album.

Elections are soon, nothing is going to change anyways
So what do you care, give me your vote
Don't give it to them, give me your vote
Don't give it to them, that way without votes they won't be able to exist
So what do you care, give me your vote

I don't promise to lower taxes, the prices of appartments will stay skyscrapers
I don't promise to bring peace, it'll be sad if there won't be anythng to dream about
So pick me, pick me
Pick me...

Iran is soon, if you haven't been convinced yet then now the fear is here
Well, what do you care, give me everything
I dont promise to lower taxes, the prices of appartments will stay skyscrapers
I don't promise to bring peace, it'll be sad if there won't be anything to dream about
So pick me, pick me
Pick me...

No comments:

Post a Comment