Saturday, December 22, 2018

The High Windows - Will You Hear My Voice



Like the rest of the country, I was stunned and saddened to hear about Rona Ramon's death at 54 after battling pancreatic cancer. I'll never forget the day of the Columbia disaster when Ilan Ramon, our first astronaut, died together with the rest of the crew upon reentering Earth's atmosphere. Six years later another tragedy struck when pilot Asaf Ramon, Ilan and Rona's eldest son, died in a training flight accident. Following the tragedies, Rona worked in grief and coping counseling and served as founding CEO of the non-profit Ramon foundation for youth academic excellence and social leadership through science and technology. Learn more about her story in her own words here.

Will you hear my voice
so far away from me
Will you hear my voice
wherever you are

A strong voice
praying silently
over time
Sending a blessing

This country is big
and has many roads
We meet for a moment
and separate forever
A man tries,
but his legs fail
He will never find
what he has lost

My final days
are very close
Near is the day
of goodbye tears
I will wait for you
until my life will end
Like Rachel waited for her lover

Translation from hebrewsongs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment