Saturday, August 18, 2018

Jenny Penkin - Born Last Night



Jenny Penkin: This EP is about a process: a search for love, a search for self-acceptance. It's about overcoming your fears and all the lessons you learn as a young artist living in the city... I want people to identify, feel the story. I wish they'd listen to it while they drive, while they dance, while they're trippin, while they're sad, while they're happy...

What a relief, I can't believe that it took so long
I like new things, even them things I used to think were wrong
Now I can see, I was just scared of being alone

I understand, It's all in my hands,
I could easily make a safe land;
Fall on a sand, Be where I choose to be
Make a new plan, Zero demands, be who I choose to be

(Maybe I was trippin')

I was born last night, felt the speed of light,
I was free alright, I was feeling' tight,
What a delight.
I was born last night, I was on a flight
To another star, I was seeing bright,
Feeling like a kite.
(Floating in space)
Never felt so deep inside
Feeling' tight, doin' alright, what a delight,
What a delight.
Never felt so deep inside,
Felt the speed of light,
I'm on a flight to another star,
I was born last night

I'm going deep, cause I wanna keep myself from fallin' in,
Locking my knees, I'm bigger than this, I'll pull up my chin.
Straighten my back, No one could tell, but I was losing it

Went down the stairs, Felt so aware, Maybe I had too much
I didn't care, was gonna stare 'Till I came in touch
with everything, everything, Everything...

(Maybe I was trippin')

No comments:

Post a Comment