Saturday, August 25, 2018

Gingiot - Yonatan



Gingiot are finally back after 24 years with just the right whiff of nostalgia.

I saw soldiers
Carrying dreams like a hunchback
During a sculptured stretcher journey
And a child who dreams of being
And I saw women dreaming
About a class of photographers
Moving after them like a wave
An execution wall and your name is scratched in
And an arrow

All that's left of you
Is a painful memory
Everything that you left from you
Let it go and fade

And I saw an erupting volcano
There you stood wearing a black slip, a coat, and a flag
You searched with flashing eyes
And you found me stamped
In a broken piece of a mirror
Which accidentally fell from the heart

When I woke up you were an acrobat
Hanging over my head
Spitting peels into my eyes
A waltz dancing for the dead who are sailing in the river
Half a man half a howling dog
On a submarine sinking vertically
And written on it are our names
And an arrow in a heart

No comments:

Post a Comment