Thursday, January 30, 2014

UBK-Desert Love



I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that UBK, better known as Uri Brauner Kinrot and even better known as Boom Pam's lead singer and guitarist, is one of the most talented musicians around. I really like how with this upcoming (and very anticipated) debut solo album he's just doing his own thing and playing music he loves. There's also something very charming about him-I still remember the first time I heard his deep voice in the golden duet with Karolina "The ballad of the freedom knight and the mermaid". And of course there's also his work with Boom Pam-just check out their brilliant performance at the Jewish Culture Festival in Krakow-I can't think of better fitting ambassadors for the current Israeli music scene. I love the 70s feel of this song and clip, as if it belongs to a much simpler time and place. It's crazy that the desert is only about an hour from Tel Aviv but so, so distant. Reminds me of my bus trips to Beer Sheva when the wide open scenery of the South would merge with daydreams and much needed escapism from the hectic daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment