Saturday, September 21, 2013

LFNT- I Won't Tell



What an exhausting holiday, and it isn't even half over yet. After a double weekend (because Wed night was Erev Sukkot), I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared for another double weekend (Simchat Tora, which my family never really celebrates because there's a limit to how many holiday family dinners you can handle) and in between Chol HaMoed which just seems like an excuse to take vacation off from work and go shopping or travelling. I would feel pretty okay about this endless holiday if I didn't have paper deadlines looming over my head getting frighteningly closer. Even going out just to "clear my head" is starting to be accompanied by a guilty conscience which is maybe why I can relate to this video so much. It's quite frustrating not to be able to join the careless party, for whatever reason. L.F.N.T stands for Live Free Not Troubled, Ran Nir's philosophy, which I sometimes need to remind myself to do! Nir is the bassist and one of the founders of the very successful Asaf Avidan & the Mojos. His debut album 'Tales of a Drunken Man' consists of songs he wrote while on the road with the Mojos and immediately after they split up. Listening to the album you can really tell that Nir had a lot on his chest and he's able to express his emotions perfectly through the lyrics and music. This is one of my favourite songs from the album but it works even better when listening to the album as a whole. L.F.N.T. recently released a new single from their 2nd album, which they're currently working on: "What Passes Off for Love" which sounds more musically developed and still maintains the candid lyrics and high energies from their debut. They filmed an acoustic version of it as part of the Indie City Jerusalem project and it's really charming with the tourists and Purim atmosphere. Hopefully that will be a holiday that I'll be able to fully celebrate this year!

Never been to Vietnam, I never fought the war.
Didn't know that living in the city can be such a bore.
One guy plays the trumpet and two girls play the drums.
They think it's pretty clever, but I think it's pretty dumb.
The more I know about tommorow, the less I care about today.
And I've never been so sick in my life.

The people on the streets, they act like fools.
People on the streets, they try to look cool.
Every girl's fashion and everybody's drunk.
Every man has a passion some keep i in the trunk.
Some sink to depression, others only smile.
And I've never been so sick in my life.

And I know all about the world my friend, I do and I won't tell.

I'm a very young man, I'm just twenty five years old.
But I've got all the answers, Yeah I know it all.
I never claimed to be some kind of god.
Yeah, I'm just skin & bones, I'm just flash & blood.
It may upset you every once in a while.
To know that you've been living in a lie.
But ever since I've known and until the day I die.
I've never been so sick in my life.

And I know all about the world my friend, I do
All I know about the truth my friend, I know, but I won't tell!

I've never been so sick in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment