Sunday, August 14, 2011

Beit Habubot-What A Beautiful Day It Is Outside


There's something very surreal about this video. Maybe because you just know that it was shot more than a month ago because it features a clean and tent/protest free Habima Square and Rothschild Avenue. There are so many materialistic features to this video like the jeep, bank and cafe that I don't even know if it would be made today. Maybe the creators would stop and say that there has to be more solidarity with "the people" and maybe not. Either way it feels slightly irrelevant with so many citizens raging and the last thing they are thinking about is the beautiful summer, and past few days which have been very pleasant for mid-August. And maybe they are still enjoying the little pleasures in life like hanging out at the beach with friends. The only really relative line is "I don't say to myself anymore that things will work out" although personally I still do. Actually this video is how I'd like my life to be in 10 years. Having fun at the beach with a group of close friends and showing off my baby. Minus the jeep. I don't know if I'll have a stable job with pension and financial security but I can control the fact that I'll be surrounded by people I love and take a break once in a while to enjoy the day with them.

I do not remember where to go
But I don't stop
Everything's starting to roll quickly
And another day passes
Again you came to me and again I ask
To wait or to give up
Every day I go through something else and don't advance

What a beautiful day it is outside
The sun is shining and you're so beautiful
And maybe there's been a mistake
And each moment can start from the beginning

I don't say to myself anymore that things will work out
Maybe I should look for a different place
There the quiet talks
Now it's already the time to wake up
Or to find a new dream
The same familiar look that just says
That the heart doesn't give up

What a beautiful day it is outside...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beit-Habubot-%D7%91%D7%99%D7%AA-%D7%94%D7%91%D7%95%D7%91%D7%95%D7%AA/78816815112#!/pages/Beit-Habubot-%D7%91%D7%99%D7%AA-%D7%94%D7%91%D7%95%D7%91%D7%95%D7%AA/78816815112?sk=info

No comments:

Post a Comment