Saturday, May 7, 2011

Eatliz - Lose This Child



At first I felt a bit guilty for not posting a hebrew Israeli song-with Independence day coming up and everything. But then I remembered that my favorite Independence day parties are the indiependance ones celebrating independent Israeli artists so it worked out... Also tomorrow is Memorial Day for fallen soldiers and victims of terror and this is a quite fitting song. I suddenly realized that most of the soldiers were my age or a bit younger when they died. Quite chilling. I don't think that I'll ever get used to the fact that Independence day starts on the evening of Memorial day. The sharp move to "festive mode" always catches me by surprise and it never feels right to make plans to celebrate during memorial day. But I guess that's part of it- as cliche as it sounds they died so we can live and celebrate. Anyways, Eatliz is an amazing band and this is a wonderful song-it's emotional without being sappy and the video is breathtaking. They're always outdoing themselves with very talented and creative videos and this is certainly no exception. Also see "attractive".

http://www.myspace.com/eatliz

1 comment:

  1. I really like independent music (ok... let's call it INDIE), and knowing Israeli independent artists is always great. I recently knew about the fact independence day came after the memorial day, which is a little weird for me, but oh well... I just hope to be there to celebrate it, too ;D

    ReplyDelete