Sunday, August 22, 2021

No Point Baby - Rita


I discovered this lovely gem while browsing through Hakatze Radio's new alternative chord book (p.60), compiled by Chen Litvak from the always wonderful Chen Point (nekudat chen/birthmark). I was delighted to find out that No Point Baby's lead singer is the very talented Eden Atad, whose timeless song Stagnation appeared here a while ago.

I can't belong anymore
In another week it'll all be over
Calling her from outside the window
Today she is going to sleep

I was looking for something just like that
All day I want to be thin
Purple when in a yellow room
Your scent will leave
Everything will leave

Remember when we saw back in the market
Rita dropped some bottle?
We were on the escape route
When Rita looked for an umbrella

Let's go to Amsterdam tomorrow
We will eat cake with tea by the lake
We need to hurry to the square
Because we will not be here tomorrow
Summer is over

No comments:

Post a Comment