Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Meirav Hellinger - Ayelet


Beautiful ♥

In Meirav Hellinger's words, from her FB:

"Ayelet" is a song that took me four years to release. 
I'm aware that there are a lot of people who wouldn't want it out, and I understand them - because it's the place I grew up in, and it's been inside me since childhood... a place with rules of "do and don't do", rules full of depth and wisdom.

But over the years I learned that every rule has an exception, they define and complement each other...
In this song, I am an exception.

And yes, it's scary to be just me, but the scariest thing for me is to compromise and not present myself as I am.

I'm releasing this song with a prayer for myself: that I will learn to love more and be less afraid.
Here is "Ayelet" ♥

Ayelet says "you're stunning"
And I say "thank you"
Ayelet is silent for a bit and then falls asleep
And I, I'm just touching her

But no, it's not for nothing
I don't like everyone
I'm staying here with you
Don't worry so much

Ayelet says "you're not fighting"
And I'm not fighting with her
She gets up to go, close to the door
And I, now I need her

Because no, it's not for nothing
I don't like everyone
I'm staying here with you
So don't go

Oh oh oh oh

Because no, it's not for nothing
I don't like everyone
I'm staying here with you
So don't go

Ayelet says "you're stunning"
And I say "thank you"
Ayelet is silent for a bit and then falls asleep
And I - 

No comments:

Post a Comment