Saturday, July 4, 2020

Haze'evot - Terminal Luminlet



I couldn't help but think of this song when it was announced that the EU will grant entry to 14 countries but Israel is not on the list due to the rising cases of Coronavirus. Well, I actually thought of the original song by Meir Ariel but then I discovered this brilliant version by Haze'evot. It requires an open heart because it's quite different from the original but I love the new take on it and it is so fitting for these chaotic days. Haze'evot recently released their debut album which you can check out here.
And if you're stuck in Israel like me check out the new documentary on Meir Ariel which will be streaming from Tuesday here.

Excellent translation by Trans Lator.  You can find the full translation in the comments of the timeless original version.

As I got discharged the doctors recommended a monthly visit to the airport on my own
Sight of large plane taking off through lucid teardrops does help ones comfort zone
Then later some ease of pressure on the naked eye can well be shown

Picking me a positive afternoon, heading for the port
To myself a say while going, this new habit also needs to be cut short
My-self answers me as we arrive: So we'll start to exercise, just like in sport

Terminal, Je t'aime, I love you
Terminal, bella mia

Sliding doors can guess my moves and open when I'm near
I step inside as though in ritual, vision clear
And all this inter-continental mentality is tickling me here, and here, and here

Carrying myself to the washroom to relax and check my wear
Quickly glancing in the mirror, see a madman standing there

Terminal, Je t'aime, I love you
Terminal, bella mia

As I got discharged the doctors recommended a monthly visit to the airport on my own
Sight of large plane taking off through lucid teardrops does help ones comfort zone
Now indeed some ease of pressure on the naked eye can well be shown
In the zone, fully blown, highly flown, nicely drawn, left alone
Hazard prone, Made as clown, clearly gone, neatly sewn,
Lo and behold, myself then tells me, a remedy is finally known.

Terminal, Je t'aime, I love you
Terminal, bella mia

No comments:

Post a Comment