Saturday, March 28, 2020

Marganit - Away from you


 From Marganit's Facebook: On one of my trips to India I signed up for a 10-day silence meditation- a kind of self-isolation; a gathering and self-observation, of my feelings. An opportunity to heal carved pains and "to calculate a new route". 10 days in which there are no phones, no internet, no books or writing tools...
10 days with myself in basic conditions.

On around the 5th day in one of the meditations, I started to sing a chorus of a song in my head-one I didn't know before, that didn't exist yet...
I sang it silently to myself over and over so as not to forget.
10 days of silence, designed to balance the heart,
Eventually created a song that crosses cultures and languages,
They created "Away from you"!

Last summer, when the skies were still open, I flew back to India,
In order to fulfill a dream and perform there and shoot for "Away from you" the video I had always wanted, now I am delighted to finally share it with you.

I hope we will know easier and calmer days,
Marganit


Traveling for two months now,
Rivers and waterfalls,
The mountains call me:
"Come and watch".

And the paved road
It leads to the village,
The laughter of children,
Interwoven with my laughter.

It's not that I needed
To fly away from you,
Everything I needed
Was for you to love me
Like I love you.

Between the sky and the balcony
Looking not searching,
Between the spirit and reality
It feels like independence.

It's not that I needed to
Fly away from you,
Everything I needed
Was for you to love me
Like I love you.


So soothing and beautiful. I've discovered that during this period I'm finding more beauty in art and I'm quicker to laugh at silly stuff I wouldn't have laughed at before. David Grossman put it best when he wrote recently "And blessed be humor, the best way to withstand all this. When we are able to laugh at the coronavirus, we are actually saying that it has not yet driven us into total paralysis. That within us there is still freedom of movement in facing it."

And so here are a few moments which made me laugh in the past few weeks and made me forget for a bit about everything going on.

"If Corona doesn't kill us, distance learning will". Shiri Keninsberg Levi, a special-ed teacher and mom of four, explains in a very Israeli way the hardships of distance learning during this crazy time. Working parents, I feel for you.

When Rabbis gave an order not to kiss mezuzahs anymore this clip from the satire "The Jews are Coming" made the social media rounds. Check out more of their bits with English subtitles here.

Eretz Nehederet released this relevant spoof of Fauda a few weeks ago and I'm glad they finally added subtitles. The guys at Eretz Nehederet have been providing us with much-needed comic relief and I really loved this parody of an 80's Israeli workout show, fit for these times. It's in Hebrew but I think you can get the idea :)

And last but not least, the Friends theme song, Coronavirus edition. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment