Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Shelly and Rotem- Eternal Loop Of Lies



I've been hearing the name Shelly and Rotem for quite some time now so I was very happy to discover a brand new single of theirs today. In an interview for Walla they say of it: "the song was written from the perspective of a person suffering from a chronic illness, when he is looking back at his childhood, a period in which he shed from himself responsibility and ignored the disease, living a lie whose implications he understood only when he matured. With or without a disease, we all have a tendency to tell ourselves lies that protect us from reality. 'Nothing will happen. I'm not afraid'. The song is about these little lies and the disillusionment of them".


If twelve shots a day show your courage
Then I've had none
No I don't want to hear definitions
To describe my condition
I'm fine
And I know one day I'll be blind
You've been telling me since I was nine
But in my own eternal loop of lies
Nothing bad happens
Nothing bad happens

And I am not afraid
So naive was I to say
I am not afraid
And I'll never rush again

Not caring and not noticing, nothing is going to change
What have I got to lose anyway
And I know one day I'll be blind
You've been telling me and I didn't mind
Cause in my own eternal loop of lies
Nothing bad happens
Nothing bad happens

And I am not afraid
So naive was I to say
I am not afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment