Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Raw Men Empire-Orange Land



Whoa, what a great "video"! I first heard this song a few weeks ago and was hooked on the riff, it's so refreshing and energetic-I was pretty curious how the video clip would be-and I'm not at all disappointed! I first discovered them a while ago with their very sweet "Between you and me" and was wondering where they disappeared. Now they're back and better than ever. They sound so happy and free! Perfect for the summer.
Speaking of summer, it's probably the best time to indulge in youtube clips-your brain feels so tired from the heat (and in my case also exams) that it feels like you deserve a few minutes (which somehow turn into an hour) of pure escapism. Here's a must-see blue and white selection:

Everybody who's been to the beach in Israel is familiar with that tik-tak-tik-tak noise of Matkot. Either you love it or you hate it but it's inescapable and a huge part of Israeli beach culture. New York Times recently posted a pro-matkot article but there's a much more critical side to it. This well made video is a satire but stems from hatred to the sport in which the creators claim that it's not only annoying but also very dangerous, not to mention what it says about Israelis...

I Charleston is in Tel Aviv! Very colorful and well made. I can't help but wonder how they were able to dance with so much energy in the heat.

By now Vania Heyman's cinematography has become a trademark and it's great to see that he hasn't abandoned his roots. This is very catchy and you'll probably find yourself singing it out loud even if you think it's the unfunniest thing ever. For more Roy Kafri (he's amazing!) check out his site: http://roykafri.bandcamp.com/

Parking in Tel Aviv often feels like a sadistic game of musical chairs with the recurring thought that you just might spend the rest of your life roaming the narrow streets like a shark, all just not to pay in an over-priced parking lot. You think to yourself "there just has to be a free spot somewhere" and when you finally do find it you feel like the luckiest person in the world. This is a video that everyone can relate to and even features a cameo of Tel Aviv's mayor Ron Chuldai.

The same guys also made a pretty genius video capturing the essence of the Israeli world traveller-in the setting of Tel Aviv.

I've seen the orange land
And your vacant lots,
I've seen all your cars
And they are painted white.

My, oh my, baby,
Stay with me.
My, oh my, baby,
Stay with me.
You're in my heart,
You're in my soul tonight
You're in my heart,
You're gonna tear my world apart.

First came the snow,
Bringing in the white,
I started to write this song
So I could find some light.

My, oh my, baby,
Stay with me.
My, oh my, baby,
Stay with me.
You're in my heart,
You're in my soul tonight
You're in my heart,
You're gonna tear my world apart.

High or down or high or low
I've seen your face now,
No matter how hard you'll try to go
I know your name now,
No matter how far you're gonna run
There'll never be someone
Like you.
http://trmeband.com

No comments:

Post a Comment