Saturday, August 10, 2024

Shabak Samech - I Fall Down and Rise


I recently came across Jimbo J's moving cover of this song, as part of Beit Avi Chai's wonderful "Song of Hope" series. Some of the episodes are translated into English here. I rediscovered Shabak Samech's timeless hit from 2000 and just had to share this wild video clip, so fitting for these strange and challenging days. 


The road is long and winding
I fall down and rise
I will never stop walking
I fall down and rise
Passing one bridge after another
I fall down and rise
How long the road is...
I stand with my head raised

They say love is one in a million
They say there's no chance the sun will shine on me
They say I'll fall, that I'll run away
They say I'll be left alone
That I don't fit with life
Because I lack the desire for gold and jewels
I don't have the right cards
Maybe it's society that crumbles
If this place isn't right for rainbow seekers
For those who ignore the signs of the times
And where is my star?
People, I exist
To you I may seem without value
But I have a soul, I have a song, I have the way

The road is long and winding...

Before me a column of fire, behind me clouds of smoke
I left a city of metal behind, where am I going?
To a place where the sun is not hidden by buildings
Beyond the mountains to the fields of green
For there is a sweeter place than this
Where there is a longer time, as much as we need
A moment comes when we have to think
To spread our wings, say goodbye and leave
To a place where I can be myself
After 2000 years of exile, want to be free
Beyond the horizon, where the birds are singing
There I shall go and until then I'll sing

How long the road is, and how winding,
I do not stop walking, I can't stop
Leaving behind my fears and sorrow
Everything is all, I must continue
Everything that happens, I know it should
I am the fire that cannot be extinguished
the music will take me up and deep
The road is long, walking it is to live

The road is long and winding...

Every ending is a new beginning
Sorrow is a sign that happiness soon comes
I am not competing and not at war
My head's in the clouds, feet on the ground
 
The road is long and winding...

Flawless translation from LyricsTranslate


No comments:

Post a Comment